LISBON, HILLS AND GOLDEN ERA
The hills and downtown. We start visiting the highest of the 7 hills, where the city was founded int the 5th century BC. We will then enter the oldest district of Lisbon: Alfama and discover the narrow twisted streets, unveiling curiosities that only locals are aware. Then across downtown we walk up to Bairro Alto and get to the top of the elevator Santa Justa from where we have a breathtaking view overlooking downtown, the typical red tile roofs and the fortress of St.George’s Castle.
Golden Era: Belém, monumental district connected with the caravels that left to the maritime discoveries. Visit the church of the Monastery of St. Jerome a masterpiece of final gothic art, the Belém Tower, the fortress in the water, Discovers Memorial, the homage to the maritime discoveries and Henry the Navigator. a visit to the famous pastry shop, “Pastéis de Belém” where you can taste the famous “pastél de nata”, a custard pastry filled in with dairy cream.
- DIFFICULTY: medium/low
- TO CONFIRM YOUR GUIDE: 50% deposit guarantees your provisional booking. Balance due 7 days before tour start.
- Totally or partially walking, depending on the use of public means of transportation or renting a car with driver
- Not recommended for people who have difficulty walking
- Not recommend for children under 12 years hold
- NOT INCLUDED: Entrances fees to attractions and monuments and other personal extras.
- MINIMUM: 2 pax MAXIMUM: 20 pax
Inside visits >/= 10 pax in some monuments may require rental of whisperers: cost to be payed by the client
- It is compulsory for all participants to wear a mask