The district of navigators, spices, history and Pasteis de Belém
FOne of the most beautiful districts of Lisbon is the Belém. Located 7 km from Down Town it has 2 monuments protected by Unesco, lots of history to tell and a nice atmosphere at the river. In this tour we start our walking program in the Tower of Belém. The symbol of Lisbon, Unesco World Heritage since 1983, is an original fortress from 1515. The Monument to the Discoveries with the statue of Prince Henry the Navigator remind us that Portugal experimented an epic odyssey in the 15. and 16. century. The best example of this moment of glory is the unique Monastery of Jeronimos, another Unesco World Heritage. We´ll visit the church of Our Lady of Belém and the cloister totally decorated with the only stile created by the Portuguese – the Manueline stile. To finish this walking tour I suggest you to taste the Portuguese custard tarts or Pastel de nata, the neighborhood´s specialty. You’ll see – one is never enough!!
- The Tour lasts 3 hours and includes a guide service
- Difficulty level (from 1 to 5) – 2
- Comfortable footwear is recommended
- Meeting point at the hotel or city center
- This tour does not take place on Monday as the monuments are closed
- Up 12 pax the use of earphones is recommended Due to the pandemic it is mandatory the use of masks